Thursday 16 May 2013

Catching up

I have been out taking lots of photos lately but I haven't had time to post them here so this post will be devoted to recent photos. I have mainly been out looking for migrating birds lately so I will start with a few shorebirds I have seen:

Least Sandpiper- Newcastle On

Least Sandpiper - Darlington P.P.
Black bellied Plover - Newcastle ON
  Additionally I have been looking for warblers moving through this time of year. Those of you with a calendar from me will be familiar with the blue winged warbler, but here are some other warblers around this month


Blackburnian Warbler - Peterborough ON
Yellow-rumped Warbler - Peterborough ON
Palm Warbler - Peterborough ON
Bay Breasted Warbler - Peterborough ON

Yellow Warbler - Newcastle
 Other Migrants I have come across:

 American Towhee

Warbling Vireo

Blue Winged Teal

Eastern King Bird
And last but not least some courting Red Breasted mergansers:





No comments:

Post a Comment